As salaamu alaykum and peace be upon you!
Welcome to Lil' Muslimah. We appreciate you and thank you for your business. We want to make sure that your shopping experience is a GREAT one. All the dolls seen on this website is made by hand with the utmost of care and quality for our young Muslimahs. So we want to make sure you are happy with your purchases and want to keep coming back, in shaa Allah (God-willing) and recommend others to come shop here as well.
In this store you will find:
* Handmade Muslimah dolls with your choice of three different skin tones: fair, light brown or brown, to support our very diverse ummah.
As you see, the dolls are faceless. I used to draw faces on them but stopped as I feared I was imitating Allah's creation by giving them features like our own and I didn't want to incur any sin in doing so. So, I'm keeping it halāl. Plus, there are scholarly opinion advising against it...
✔ Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
With regard to that which does not have complete features and just has some limbs and a head, there is no doubt that this is permissible and that it comes under the same heading as the dolls with which ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) used to play.
As for that which has complete features, as if you were looking at a person, especially if it can move or has a voice, then I feel hesitant to say that this is permissible, because it is imitating the creation of Allah. It seems that the toys that ‘Aa’ishah used to play with were not like this, so it is better to avoid them. But I do not say that it is definitely haraam, because concessions may be granted to young children that are not granted to adults in such matters, because it is the natural inclination of young children to play and have fun and they are not obliged to do acts of worship so that we could say that a child is wasting his time with this play. But if a person wants to be on the safe side, let him remove the head or hold it over the fire so that it becomes soft, then he can press it so that the features disappear.
Source: Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him), 2/277-278
✔ Ruling on keeping dolls that children play with:
An exception is made in the case of children’s toys, which are not regarded as haraam or makrooh. But what are the toys which are exempted? We know that the toys of the past did not have eyes and lips and noses as they do nowadays. I think it is better to avoid these toys and limit oneself to those the kind of toys that were known previously.
See Fataawa al-‘Aqeedah by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, p. 66, 663, 679 And Allah knows best!
So, if you want a doll with facial features, I apologize, you will not find them here.
* other items will be added eventually
Make sure you keep returning for new items and be sure to spread the word to your family and friends.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and PayPal.
1) Orders will be processed in the order they are received, so please allow 1 - 3 business days for your order to be completed and shipped. You will receive an email that your order has been completed and shipped to your destination. A tracking number will be provided to you.
2) For special occasions and holidays, please try to order it at least 2 weeks or more in advance as the items are made-to-order and are processed in the order the requests are received.
3) To prevent delays in receiving your order, please be sure to provide a valid and complete shipping address! Once shipped, we are not responsible for packages shipped to an outdated, wrong, or otherwise not valid address. You are completely responsible for making sure your address is on your order at all times.
4) All shipping in the US will be either be sent via USPS First Class Mail (delivery times may vary), USPS Priority mail with delivery time of approximately 1 - 3 mailing days or USPS Priority Mail Express with delivery time of approximately 1 - 2 days.
5) All International shipping to select countries will either be shipped via USPS First Class International Mail (delivery times may vary), USPS Priority Mail International with delivery time of approximately 6 - 10 mailing days or USPS Priority Mail Express International with delivery time of approximately 3 - 5 mailing days. Choose which delivery option best suits your needs and budget.
All customs, duty fees, and taxes are the responsibility of the recipient. Failure to pay or collect your item will not result in a refund of the amount you paid to us at time of purchase.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
All items are checked and examined thoroughly before being shipped to our customers. If for whatever reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, return the items within 15 days of the order shipped date in it's original condition (i.e. unwashed and unaltered) for a full refund or exchange for items of equal value. This excludes the costs of shipping and handling as you are responsible for the cost of shipping of return and of exchanged items that are being resent to you.
Need to cancel your order?
* Should you need to cancel your order, please do so within 24 hours of placing the order by either sending me a message via Etsy Conversation OR email my at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line write CANCEL ORDER and in the body of the email have
- your name
- email address
- order/confirmation number of your order
If you need to return/exchange an item, the process are as follows:
* Return/Exchange items must be received within 15 days of the date your order was shipped and in it's original condition (i.e. unwashed and unaltered).
Once the package is received, you will receive an email notification informing you the package was received for processing.
* Refunds will be refunded only to the original payment method.
* We will not refund the cost of shipping and handling. If a shipping error was made by us, we will refund the cost.
* Items received AFTER the 15 days of the original ship date are considered non-refundable and non-exchangeable. PLEASE REMEMBER: Before you return the item(s) for refund or exchange, please make sure you include the following:
1) Your original invoice/receipt
2) Circle or highlight the item(s) for refund or exchange
3) Include the reason for the return or exchange (i.e. wrong color, damaged, etc.)
4) If you are exchanging an item, include the product name/number you are exchanging it for, the color, etc.
5) Make sure your shipping package is securely sealed to prevent any damage or loss of the item. Please note: We are not responsible for lost shipments and we cannot issue refunds for merchandise we do not receive. To ensure that we have received your returned item, we recommend that you use a shipping method that is trackable and provides you with proof of delivery.
6) Ship the package to:
Lil' Muslimah (write: Return or Exchange)
3500 Data Drive, Unit 153 Rancho Cordova, CA 95670-7344
You are responsible for the cost of shipping back to us.
7) As mentioned before, you will receive an email that your item was received for refund/exchange. Also, an email will be sent to you to inform you when we have processed your refund/exchange. Please allow up to 10 days for this process to be complete.
At this time, I do not accept wholesale orders. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
Children play all the time and the doll will get dirty from time to time. If that happens then take a damp wash cloth with a little bit of soap and wipe the doll clean. Do not put the doll in the washing machine as it may not hold up well.
The dolls are approximately 17 inches (about 43.18 cm) long
When ordering a doll, you have the option of selecting the skin tone and hair color for each doll. I do not offer the option of drawn faces on the dolls.
I do not offer or accept wholesale requests at this time.
I used to draw faces on the dolls but I stopped as I feared I was imitating Allah's (God's) creation by giving them features like our own, and I didn't want to incur any sin in doing so. So I'm keeping it hall (permissible). Check out my policies for scholarly opinion behind it.